- GNU binutils 2.12 has been released, with PDP-11 support.
- The patch has been included in the CVS tree and will
in version 2.12.
- The patch has been sumbitted for inclusion in GNU binutils.
- The paperwork has been done. The patch is being updated to
match the CVS source tree.
- The patch will be submitted for inclusion in GNU binutils as soon
as the copyright paperwork is done. When the patch is deemed
suitable for inclusion by the binutils maintainers, remaining
issues can be dealt with.
- Version 22 of the patch, now against binutils 2.10.
- Version 19 of the patch. ld seems to work now.
- Version 17 of the patch. Removed old junk from the assembler,
and made -m options work.
- Version 16 of the patch. The assembler generates correct branch
instructions and generally works, except as noted below.
- Version 15 of the patch. The assembler generates correct relocs.
- Version 11 of the patch, with the latest assembler improvements.
(Oops, the assembler doesn't build.)
- Created this page. Also, here is a proposal for PDP-11-specific assembler
- Started working on relocations in the assembler.
- The assembler generates object files that the 2.11BSD linker
- Version 10 of the patch. The assembler doesn't compile.
- The disassembler works. Version 2 of the patch.
- Project started.
- A basic BFD back end is almost complete.
- The assembler generates correct object files.
- The linker has generated a correct executable at least once.
- All instructions known to me are recognized.
- These tools mostly work: ar, as, ld, nm, objdump, size, strip.
- 2.11BSD overlay object files are not understood.
- V7 object files are untested.
- These tools are untested: objcopy, ranlib.
- Synthetic instructions, including jbr, jeq, jne, etc, are not recognized.
- The assembler doesn't recognize these PDP-11 assembler features:
- numbers are in octal notation unless postfixed with a dot
- data words can be entered without .word
- the <string> syntax
Warning, the PDP-11 support is still incomplete. Use it only if
you're very curious or want to search for bugs.
Use ./configure --target=pdp11-dec-bsd to build the tools.
Home page: http://lars.nocrew.org/
Last changed , by lars